Child Abuse Facts
- Four children die every day in this country due to child abuse and neglect.
- Abuse and neglect are the leading causes of death in children under the age of four.
- Most sex offenders (90-95%) are known to the children they molest.
- In Lucas County, there are nearly 1900 substantiated cases of child abuse each year.
- One of four children will experience sexual abuse.
- There are over three million reports of child abuse each year. And this is just the tip of the iceberg since many cases go unreported.
If you suspect child abuse or neglect, report it to your local child protective service agency. You may save a life!